I am often asked my opinion on things that involve football. The questions range from how to find which player position best suits a child to who I think will win the Super Bowl, and pretty much everything in between. I have many thoughts on the game, on coaching, and on improving performance, so I am starting Passing Thoughts to share some of those thoughts. I welcome your comments and conversation. –KR

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Heads Up Football: Preventing Injuries


USA Football started a Heads Up Football Initiative in August, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was quick to get behind their efforts.  The goal of the program is to better train youth coaches to ensure that correct fundamentals are being taught in a more intentional way.  Mistakes in tackling technique are a recipe for concussions and other serious injuries, and the Heads Up Football Initiative seeks to reduce those injuries.  This video is an excellent tool to demonstrate correct form tackling.  All coaches and parents could benefit from watching and using Heads Up Football!  There is never a substitute for proper technique! 


No comments:

Post a Comment